WORK IN PROGRESS MINIPET 4080D
The MiniPET 40/80D is a fully factory built drop in REPLACEMENT / UPGRADE for orginal Commodore PET computers (NOT SK's)
The specs are basically the same. But as I've not finished this page yet, the highlights are:
DOES NOT INCLUDE KEYBOARD OR RGBI OUTPUT.
Words from MiniPet 40/80 listing below. As I've already said.. Work it progress!!
Mini PET 40/80
The Mini PET 40/80 is a 6502 based 8 bit single board computer kit with built in keyboard. Includes all the parts required to build a fully working stand alone computer, just supply a suitable TV or monitor (details below)
• 32K RAM, 2K Video RAM, 28K ROM (1 of 8 ROM sets)
• 1MHz 6502 Processor
• Commodore PET compatible
• 40 column or 80 column, 25 row monochrome video supporting various video outputs
o Composite video (PAL / NTSC) via RCA Phono jack (yellow AV plug)
o RGBI / CGA / MDA / Hercules via 9 way D
o PET 9” and 12” internal monitors
• All new, 0.1” pitch all through hole parts
• High quality turned pin sockets included for all ICs
• Real hardware with WDC modern equivalents of the 6502, 6520 and 6522 chips
• Microcontroller based CRT controller
• Built in keyboard with 77 Omron tactile switches
o Styled to match PET 2001 chiclet keyboard
o Compatible with Normal / Graphics keyboard
o Power, Reset, NMI and 40/80 column switches
• Spiral bound collector’s edition assembly manual
o Technical manual with full schematics available to download
• 4 Rear edge connector IO ports
o IEEE-488 (high speed parallel bus for SD2PET or other disk drives and printers)
o Userport (Commodore PET pinout, not VIC20/C64 compatible)
o 2x Datasette port (For SD2PET power, C2N, 1530, PET/VIC20/C64 compatible)
• Multiple ROM Options
o Custom Mini PET BASIC
o Commodore BASIC 1,2,4
o Built in self diagnostics
• Piezo sounder
• Perspex kit with baseplate, transparent top cover and all fixings
• Jumperless design, controlled by keyboard and DIP switches
• Single 9V DC supply with soft power on
o 9V DC power supply included (100-240V, UK/US/EU/AU plugs)
• Contains no green jelly
This is a self-assembly kit, some experience is required - this is not for the absolute beginner.
All being welll, the first batch of kits will might be supplied with one or more of the fantasic titles from the list below:
• 3D Monster Maze (the best game for the ZX81 comes to the PET)
• Cheese and Chive (the best game for the VIC20 comes to the PET)
• Something from Hewco (let’s see if Turbo Rascal can support the PET)
• Beans on Toast (a new game from Dave comes to the PET)
Limited numbers of fully assembled and tested units are available here.
A version of the Mini PET 40/80 specifically designed for installation inside a Commodore PET will be available shortly – You'll find the MiniPET 40/80D here. This is a drop in replacement for a faulty board, an upgrade to an earlier unit, or a daily driver while the original board is preserved in working order.
OLD LISTING BELOW.. JUST FOR MY NOTES THANKS FOR ASKING
Mini PET (A) - Standalone DIY Computer KIT
(Updated Oct 2020) - Now with optional Deluxe Chiclet style keyboard - Replacement PET Motherboard available here
If you don't want to build any of our kits. You'll find the pre-assembled MINIPET or Minstrels here
A fully functional 6502 based computer, compatible with a Commodore PET 2001N-32 (3032/4032*).
One quarter of the size and the tenth of the power consumption!
40x25 text mode outputs to PAL/NTSC composite video or can drive PET 9" or 12" monitors
Full IEEE-488 port, User port and one datasette port (Second port via Pin Header)
Onboard piezo buzzer as found on later PETs.
32K RAM, 28K ROM, selectable BASIC 1/2/4 with support for normal or business** keyboard.
Uses all new, currently in production parts, including WDC 65C02S CPU and W65C21N/22N IO chips.
All parts are through hole for easy assembly. High quality turned pin sockets provided for all ICs.
The optinal Deluxe Chiclet Keyboard has now replaced the legacy basic keyboard. It really does Look and feel the part :D
SD2PET SD card disk drive, the ideal companion to either kit. Fast loading of PRG files of D64/D80/D82 disk image files from SD card.
If you require a replacement mainboard to fit in PET case, uses the PETs power supply, keyboard, monitor. Powered by your original PET power supply (5 pin or 9 pin). Suitable replacement for 2001/2001N/30xx/40xx PET cases, also 80xx and 80xx-SK but will still be 40 column output. You'll need the Mini-Internal
Photos / videos may show earlier revisions of this product.
* This is based on 2001N PET technology, 40 column text/character graphics. It does not have the CRTC chip in later 12" monitor PETs.
** Most early PET software was designed for the normal/graphics keyboard (20 key keypad), so any titles which bypass the OS keyboard routines may not work correctly with the business keyboard (11 key keypad). It is possible to support a VIC20/C64 keyboard via an alternate ROM, but this is not recommended as some keys are missing or labelled differently.
Exclusive to TFW8b.com the MINI PET ships with a BLUE LED and DIP Switches #FACT