Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Recommended for Atari and Videopac
- I am not experienced in electronics or soldering but have successfully used this kit in an Atari 2600jr and a Philips Videopac G7000 without any problems. Highly recommended.
- A great, simple-to-fit upgrade
Ordered this upgrade after rediscovering the 'light sixer' my parents consigned to the loft in the early '80s, and finding that it was still in working order, but getting a contemporary TV to tune to its RF output was too much of a chore.
The upgrade itself is a small, neat, completely self-contained unit which requires the removal of a few components and the supplied wires to be soldered in. Bearing in mind my soldering skills aren't great, I had to trouble fitting it (getting the old components out was another story!).
I found that the results yielded by attaching the wires to the motherboard, per the photograph/instructions provided, were less than optimal. Consequently, I ended up attaching all but the Audio wire to the points on the switch board where the RF unit used to be - with that done, the picture quality was vastly improved.
Really looking forward to reacquainting myself with this ancient console, which I hadn't used in about 40 years but have many fond memories of.
- Awesome Quality - Zero Call Backs
- We switched over to this mod kit over a year ago installing them on our refurbished Atari 2600 | 7800 consoles. Best decision we ever made. We have had zero call backs. Just awesome quality and great supporting documents. EpR
- Simply awesome for the Atari 2600.
- Simply awesome for the Atari 2600. This is by far the best composite mod on the market. Half the work is done for you so it is easy to install and you don’t even have to modify the case. The end result is an astonishingly clear picture on a LCD TV. Seriously, the best picture I’ve seen with a composite mod kit.