NEW Deluxe Atari Composite Video Mod Kit
Works with PAL and NTSC 2600/7800 etc
No more crappy RF signal to deal with
Simple to install, but does require soldering skills
Deluxe Composite mod is modular, supplied as PCB + 2 pre-made cables neat installs.
I'll be adding guides for other models in the Future
Installs are basically the same as the old unit. Updates to install guides coming soon
** Tynemouth Software Blog covering installation of Deluxe mod Atari Consoles **
The Deluxe Composite Mod replaces the old PCB mod - WIRE COLOURS HAVE CHANGED
In all cases, you need to disconnect or remove your existing RF Modulator
Please only modify working systems - always test on RF before modification. We cannot help you diagnose your own faulty kit.
Prior to modification if you require support/guidance, please take a photos of your UNMODIFIED PCB and email them to support@thefutu... and we'll happily guide you before you screw things up ;D
Legacy PCB Deluxe
RED RED - 5v
GREEN BLACK - 0v
BROWN WHITE - Audio
YELLLOW YELLOW - Video
2600 (4 switch) PAL/NTSC
2600 (6 Switch) PAL
World of Jani - Philips P2000T
World of Jani - Philips G7000
How hard can it be? Well, the YouTube clip above is from a real cusomer @DarkBlueMonkey installing the Deluxe Mod into his Atari 2600jr #Spoiler
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Recommended for Atari and Videopac
- I am not experienced in electronics or soldering but have successfully used this kit in an Atari 2600jr and a Philips Videopac G7000 without any problems. Highly recommended.
- A great, simple-to-fit upgrade
Ordered this upgrade after rediscovering the 'light sixer' my parents consigned to the loft in the early '80s, and finding that it was still in working order, but getting a contemporary TV to tune to its RF output was too much of a chore.
The upgrade itself is a small, neat, completely self-contained unit which requires the removal of a few components and the supplied wires to be soldered in. Bearing in mind my soldering skills aren't great, I had to trouble fitting it (getting the old components out was another story!).
I found that the results yielded by attaching the wires to the motherboard, per the photograph/instructions provided, were less than optimal. Consequently, I ended up attaching all but the Audio wire to the points on the switch board where the RF unit used to be - with that done, the picture quality was vastly improved.
Really looking forward to reacquainting myself with this ancient console, which I hadn't used in about 40 years but have many fond memories of.
- Awesome Quality - Zero Call Backs
- We switched over to this mod kit over a year ago installing them on our refurbished Atari 2600 | 7800 consoles. Best decision we ever made. We have had zero call backs. Just awesome quality and great supporting documents. EpR
- Simply awesome for the Atari 2600.
- Simply awesome for the Atari 2600. This is by far the best composite mod on the market. Half the work is done for you so it is easy to install and you don’t even have to modify the case. The end result is an astonishingly clear picture on a LCD TV. Seriously, the best picture I’ve seen with a composite mod kit.